Palm Desktop software is the best way to view, sort, find, edit, back up, and add anything to your Palm OS® handheld!
Palm Desktop software v4.0.1 offers:
- a fresh new user interface
- useful new views
- time-saving features
- improved security
- and new ways to share, send, receive appointments and address book information.
What has changed from version 4.0 to version 4.0.1?
Palm Desktop 4.0.1 for Windows now includes HotSync Manager software 4.0.
New HotSync features include:
- Support for synchronization with USB devices
- Support for devices with expansion slots
- Synchronization with handhelds running Palm OS(R) software 4.0
HotSync Manager software 4.0 is backwards-compatible and supports Palm handhelds that use earlier versions of Palm OS software.
The following enhancements have been made since Palm Desktop software 4.0:
- The vCal export feature was changed to ensure that Microsoft Outlook correctly interprets the time zone for events.
- vCard importing issues were solved by limiting the number of imported phone numbers to five, which is the maximum supported by Palm Desktop software.
- Date Book events can now be dragged to a different day and/or a different time.
- Forward as vCard, and Forward as vCal, are now available in the Edit menu of the Palm Desktop software on PCs running only Microsoft Outlook Express (i.e. neither Microsoft Office nor Outlook is installed). The complete FAQ is available by clicking here.
**** [Jun 22, 2006] by pcgenius
Palm Desktop is now good but before it wasn't because i couldn't hotsync with my Visor handheld and now i can. How I did that? Thats easy you just unplug the cradle/cable and plug it in another slot. Then follow the onscreen instructions. THE END Happy HotSyncing
***** [May 5, 2003] by Brian
If u have a usb palm, and does not work. here is what you do:
1) Right click on Hot Sync Manager icon by the clock on your taskbar (if you have a windows computer.)
2) See if local USB has a check mark by it.
3) If not, left click local USB. make sure that local serial doesn't have a check mark by it, or it will not work with your USB device.
*** [Mar 25, 2002] by Dave Glew
Don't know about the other reviews but I found it works fine with USB. A good addition would be Pocket Mirror to link in with Outlook.
*** [Feb 14, 2002] by Carl (Geneva)
It's ok... needs a find/replace option.
*** [Jan 7, 2002] by Peggy
Works well, but I would like a little more flexibility, like to customize sort orders.
***** [Mar 4, 2001] by Jerry
It works fine with Handsprings Visors, here's how:
1) Uninstall Visor's Desktop
2) Install Palm Desktop 4
3) Install the HotSync Manager only from Visor's Desktop 3.1
I recommend rebooting after each step.
** [Jan 30, 2001] by Handspringer
Old wine in New bottle! Doesnt work with USB!! I would rather wait for handspring to release their desktop.
** [Jan 13, 2001] by Uncle Roger
It looks spiffy, but it won't work with a USB connection. Don't download this if you have a Handspring Visor or other USB connected handheld. I just blew the morning trying to keep my computer from crashing long enough to reinstall the original desktop I got with my Visor. Palm tech support was no help -- they claimed it would work with USB, but didn't know how to do it, other than saying that COM1 was USB.
Write a review