Top Free Games You Can Play on Palm OS – For many people nowadays, the name of Palm OS might not be that familiar. That is because this operating system was meant to be used for the PDA. Even though, you cannot deny that there are some people who missed this operating system because Palm OS is considered as the great grandfather of the android OS nowadays. If you are feeling nostalgic about this old operating system, then you might want to recall some of the top free games that you might use to play on the Palm OS of yours. Here are some of them.
The first one is PacDude. For those who have been playing games since many years ago, the term of Pac will surely remind you of one of the greatest games in the history. It is Pacman. Yes, the PacDude can be considered as the real copy of Pacman for the PDA and Palm OS. The game is quite simple, but a lot of people played this games for hours every single day. The second one is Moving Block Puzzle. This is the kind of game that will make you think using your brain. You only find two blocks and two puzzle games. It sounds quite simple, but it is not going to be as easy as you thought. That is why a lot of people love to spend their free time playing this game on the Palm OS. You might also play this game in.
The third one is IMR Snake. Yes, this is also another one of the greatest games in the history. You can even say that the 90s kids are very familiar with this kind of game. If you were playing this game on the PDA, you can be sure that your gaming experience was one of the best at that time since many others are playing the snake game on the monochrome screen. The last but not least is the Xibble. In the past, multiplayer games were not that popular because there are not many people who play games together, unless they are using one console or device. However, with the existence of Xibble, the trend was slightly changing. There are not many games that offer the multiplayer feature, but this game did. It was one of those reasons why Xibble was quite popular in Palm OS since you can play this game with some of your friends all at once.
Some of the Best Palm OS Software You Need to Have – If you want to take a closer look on the operating systems that many devices use nowadays, the options are quite limited to Windows, Android, and iOS. That is because those three are quite dominating the market nowadays with their products. However, in the past, there is one operating system called Palm OS. This is the kind of OS that was very famous for the PDA. For your persona reference, PDA is the kind of small computer gadget that you can easily use for many different things. You can say that this device was the modern computer in a handheld size. As one of the best software at that time, there are some software that you surely need if you are using this operating system. Here are some of the best that you can try.
– Vindigo The first software is called Vindigo. On the modern device, you can easily find an application of software called Google Map. Other than that, there are some other mapping applications that you can find. However, in the past there were not many options. Even if you had, not all of them are as good as Vindigo. Yes, this application is one of the best mapping application where most of the cities around the world can be viewed. Of course, there are some limitations, but Vindigo gave you the least limitations.
– Adobe Reader The second one is Adobe Reader. This software is still considered as one of the best software that many people use to read the pdf file. It is because of the features and access that you can get from this application. In the past, people are using Microsoft Office when they are dealing with documents. However, to make it mobile, they will convert the documents into pdf file and the best application to access that file was Adobe Reader. That is why Adobe Reader is still dominating the market as one of the best pdf viewer applications.
– Crash The last one is Crash. As you might have known, Palm OS is meant for the PDA device. That means there will be times when you have to deal with problems related with its internal software. That is why the software Crash came for. The basic idea of the software is a bit similar with the recovery tools and some other fixing software that you can find nowadays. However, it is one absolute thing that Crash can only be used with the Palm OS.
Amazing Software of Palm OS Worth to Remember – Indeed, nowadays it is very hard to find people who are still using PDA. It is because the features of PDA are quite limited, especially if you compare it with many smart phones nowadays. Even though, you have to admit that PDA and its Palm OS was one of the greatest and the coolest that you can have. Since the basic idea of PDA is quite similar with the smartphone nowadays, it is something common for the Palm OS to have some nice applications or software that are worth to remember once again. If you are interested, then here are some of those software from Palm OS worthy to remember.
– Vexed Vexed is the first software that many people were using on their Palm OS. Basically, Vexed is just a simple puzzle game that you can play on Palm OS. However, a lot of people are interested on this puzzle game because of the challenges and the colorful display. You need to remember that at that time, most of the games are monochrome so that colorful game such as Vexed in Palm OS was very famous.
– AcidImage AcidImage is the second on the list. As one of those modern device at that time, you can view your images and pictures from the PDA directly. Palm OS also has that kind of application viewing your photos and pictures. However, there are a lot of people who used AcidImage to do that because of the better display and more features of this software. Some of you might also use AcidImage to see your photos and pictures.
– Diddlebug The third one is Diddlebug. This application is actually something that can help you keep your notes as something privacy. In PDA, people wrote down many notes and some of them are considered as something private. That is why some people are using Diddlebug to keep those notes private. This Palm OS software is used to scrabble the notes that you have. So, no one will be able to read your private notes.
– Vindigo The last one is Vindigo, a mapping software. It is not hard to find map software and application nowadays because of the technology. However, in the era of Palm OS on PDA, Vindigo was one of the best. That is because the features are quite complete and you can find many different routes from this mapping application. Some people said that Vindigo is actually the pioneer of the GPS map and some other mapping application nowadays.
Palm OS is no longer used in the mobile industry but it is once a popular mobile operating system helping users of PDA to get some applications for daily activities. Developed in 1996, this mobile operating system was soon booming and it can be seen by many people using the system. Created for the purpose of touchscreen gadget user, this mobile operating system offers open-source system. This way, people who are capable of making application invited to get involved. So, there are more and more apps users can find using this mobile system. Palm also provides wireless connectivity by which you can connect to the internet from long distance. Not to mention, this system brings advanced graphics made you easy to enjoy something real related to images of certain apps you download.
Even though this mobile system was usable on that time, this mobile OS also come with some weakness as there is no option to store download app in external memory. This limited option will be a big problem for those using gadget with limited RAM. Not to mention, this mobile OS is also not capable of running multi-task. This way, you have to stop running an app before using another one. A range of benefits provided by Palm OS allows more and more people enjoy life as many kinds of app are available within. Many apps provided by Palm are not developed by experts of the Palm Company but common people who are smarts in programming.
Hard competition in fact made this OS unable to survive but this OS is the pioneer in the use of operating system based on mobile system. Arise of Android and iOs, for example, made this OS no longer able to sustain its features for mobile gadget users. As a result, this OS stopped in 2009. But however the condition is, Palm OS has become a leading in the mobile operating system on that time. This can be seen from the worldwide use of the system.
Palm Operating System is not active anymore but many people still remember how they benefit from the OS. Users of PDA benefited many things from Palm ranging from using notes to mobile watch providing by the OS. It is time to use advancement of mobile system for many purposes. Although you no longer use Palm OS, you still can get other OS providing many good features ranging from gaming to working tools.